Surat Basin Expo
16 – 17 October 2019
Toowoomba Showgrounds, Toowoomba, Queensland, 4350
The focus has shifted, and the Surat Basin Expo has been restructured to meet the changing needs of companies across the region. Toowoomba, the Surat Basin and the South West is now in the middle of a major infrastructure build, recognised as the largest injection of capital and cutting edge technology delivered into any regional centre in Australia’s history.
The highlights include;
- Following the completion of Australia’s newest greenfield international airport at Toowoomba Wellcamp Airport (on the western fringe of Toowoomba), there has been a giant surge in interest in Toowoomba and the whole of the Surat Basin. Flight frequency is increasing and with an amazing Business Park and Light Industrial Precinct, this facility is the envy of Australia.
- A regional Flight Training Centre for Qantas will be built at Wellcamp Airport.
- Weekly TOLL freight flights in and out of Wellcamp Airport with a new major freight depot now in place. This will complement the weekly Cathay Pacific International Freighter service which links Australia to the Far East.
- Nearly $2 Billion will be spent on completing the Second Range Crossing which is due for completion in 2019/2020. The western section of the crossing opened in November 2018 with the balance of the works to be completed in 2019. This major piece of road infrastructure will cement Toowoomba as the key transportation hub on the east coast and will be the cornerstone for further connectivity to air and rail.
- The intermodal hub called SQ Interlink will interface with the new airport precinct and is now underway, due for completion in late 2019. This facility will also dovetail into the proposed inland rail line from Melbourne to Brisbane via Toowoomba.
- The opening in 2018 of the
High SecurityPulse Data Centre in Charlton is timely to engage with all levels of business, industry and Government to provide diverse fibre feed pathways from multiple carriers. The facility sits within its own ‘Technology Park’ that is designed for quick and sustainable growth to service the incoming boom and provide a Business Continuity Centre modelled on the very best facilities in the world. The Tech Park has already attracted the interest from major players from around Australia and across the world.
- The largest solar farm to be approved in Australia worth some $2 Billion will become one of the largest solar farms in the world when completed with works starting in 2019. This will be the 7th solar farm to be completed in the Western Downs footprint combining with coal and coal powered stations and coal seam gas. Coming in behind this will be the development of wind farms and an ethanol plant near Dalby, which is fast becoming identified as the ‘Energy Capital’ of Queensland and possibly Australia.
- Australia’s largest wind turbine farm being developed by GE will produce 1.5 million MW hours of renewable energy when the innovative project is completed in 2019.
Register your interest to receive further information
- ENGINEERING AND ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
- SOFTWARE AND COMMUNICATIONS
- DRILLING AND MINING
- SAFETY AND TRAINING
- VEHICLES AND TRANSPORTATION
- HIRE SERVICES
- AND MANY MORE BUSINESS SOLUTIONS