Surat Basin Expo
Toowoomba Showgrounds, Toowoomba, Queensland, 4350
The focus has shifted, and the Surat Basin Expo has been restructured to meet the changing needs of companies across the region. Toowoomba, the Surat Basin and the South West is now in the middle of a major infrastructure build, recognised as the largest injection of capital and cutting edge technology delivered into any regional centre in Australia’s history.
The highlights include;
- Following the completion of Australia’s newest greenfield international airport at Toowoomba Wellcamp Airport (on the western fringe of Toowoomba) there has been a giant surge in interest in Toowoomba and the whole of the Surat Basin. Flight frequency is increasing and with an amazing Business Park and Light Industrial Precinct this facility is the envy of Australia and enjoying strong growth.
- Nearly $2 Billion will be spent on completing the Second Range Crossing (currently under construction) which is due for completion in 2019/2020. This major piece of road infrastructure will cement Toowoomba as the key transportation hub on the east coast and will be the cornerstone for further connectivity to air and rail.
- The intermodal hub called SQ Interlink will interface with the new airport precinct and is now underway, due for completion in late 2019. This facility will also dovetail into the proposed inland rail line from Melbourne to Brisbane via Toowoomba.
- A world-class data centre called the Pulse Date Centre is under construction. This facility (Pulse DC) is designed as a primary site to support corporate and enterprise customers; local, state and federal government and global technology giants. To be completed later in 2018.
- One of the world’s largest solar projects, the 1,000 megawatt Equis Energy farm will cover 1,424 hectares and generate 400 jobs. The $2 Billion project commenced in 2017 and will be built over three years with a completion date set for 2020. There are other major solar projects already approved and underway across the region.
- Australia’s largest wind turbine farm being developed by GE will produce 1.5 million MW hours of renewable energy when the innovative project is completed in 2019.
The Surat Basin Expo will present;
- A major exhibition and trade fair to be held at the Toowoomba Showgrounds.
- A showcase of new and innovative companies, products and services that supply and service this booming region. The focus will be on energy, mining, logistics and material handling as well as rail and road transportation.
- A hard-hitting and industry relevant conference program.
Register your interest to receive further information
- ENGINEERING AND ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
- SOFTWARE AND COMMUNICATIONS
- DRILLING AND MINING
- SAFETY AND TRAINING
- VEHICLES AND TRANSPORTATION
- HIRE SERVICES
- AND MANY MORE BUSINESS SOLUTIONS